Hotel Agrabella20.05 - 27.05.2023, 8 dníSnídaně, Letecky Praha
Hotel Iro29.04 - 06.05.2023, 8 dníSnídaně, Letecky Praha
Hotel Porto Plazza20.05 - 27.05.2023, 8 dníSnídaně, Letecky Praha
Hersonissos (Chersonissos) Resort
Hersonissos is one of the oldest tourist resorts on Crete. Right on the coast promenade of the town, you will find plenty of tavernas, bars and pubs open till early morning hours. In the eastern part of the resort, you can visit the StarBeach WaterPark offering a great variety of water sports and bunge jumping.
As a curiosity, you can go to see a well-preserved mosaic floor from the 5th century in the entrance hall of the Eri Beach hotel. On the town square, you will find remains of a Roman fountain from the 3rd century including a mosaic. Another place worth visiting is an open air museum of traditional folk architecture - Lychnostatis.
What to do in Hersonissos
Today the resort of Hersonissos has become a part of a large tourist complex including the resorts of Hersonissos, Stalida - Stalis, and Malia. Hersonissos is the westernmost of those resorts, together with Malia which is also located in the west part of the bay. The whole area is very busy, in fact it is the busiest tourist part on Crete.
The area of Hersonissos - Malia is suitable for families with children and those searching for busy resorts with unlimited choice of entertainment and varied nightlife for several reasons::
- the long and wide sandy beaches in Hersonissos are suitable both for children and people with disabilities
- given the character of the beaches, you can practice there all kinds of activities you can imagine
- in the location (in the centre of Hersonissos, 10 minutes from Malia, and 5 minutes from the resorts of Stalida - Stalis) you will find the large StarBeach WaterPark
- there is a countless number of shops, tavernas, bars, and entertainment venues
- rich nightlife which never fades out in Hersonissos
- international environment - the location is visited by tourists from all over the world, and so, you can always find the community of people you enjoy being with
- the proximity of the capital of Heraklion where you can get within a few minutes from the airport
- the proximity of interesting natural locations but also historical sites
- the area is easily accessible even by public buses
Hersonissos beaches and nature
Those who like natural sceneries (besides the beautiful sea and long sandy beaches) will certainly appreciate Hersonissos surroundings. In the south-east of the town, you will find the Selana Oros mountain range which is the northern promontory of the highest mountains in the area - the Dikti mountains which is more than 2 000 high (the highest peak, Mount Dikti, has 2 148 m.
As the crow flies, the Selena mountains can be found about 5 km far from the town, while the Dikti mountains witht the Lasithi Plateau is located about 10 km far away,
Who is Hersonissos suitable for
The Heronissos resort is not suitable for those who are searching for a calm holiday in a peaceful environment with complete privacy and few people. Yet all the others will certainly enjoy their stay in the resort.
Where else to go on Crete?
Some of the most visited resorts on Crete are: Adelianos Kampos, Agia Fotia, Agia Galini, Agia Marina, Agia Pelagia, Agios Nikolaos, Achlia, Amoudara (West of Heraklion), Analipsi, Anissaras, Bali, Damnoni, Erimoupoli, Ferma, Fodele, Galini, Georgioupolis, Gouves (Kato Gouves), Heraklion, Hersonissos, Chania, Ierapetra, Kavros, Elounda, Kalamaki, Kissamos, Kokkini Hani, Kolymbari, Lygaria, Makrigialos, Maleme, Malia, Matala, Mirtos, Missiria, Paleochora, Panormos, Perivolia, Pigianos Kambos, Plakias, Platanias (Chania), Rapaniana, Rethymno, Sissi, Skaleta, Stalida - Stalis, Stalos, Stavromenos and Stavros,
The area of Hersonissos - Stalida - Stalis - Malia is located on thenorth coast about 35 km from Heraklion. Agios Nikolaos can be found a little less than 40 km far away. For more distances, see the link.
Jak se tam dostanu
Hersonissos is located approximately in the middle of the route Heraklion - Agios Nikolaos, and the exits from the main road can´t really be overlooked. There are local buses operated to Hersonissos both from Heraklion and Agios Nikolaos.
Type of resort:
Activities at the resort: